About Little Sprouts
Our philosophy here at Little Sprouts Learning Center is to care for the child's body, mind, and heart.
We teach the children to take care of their bodies by eating healthy organic foods (free of hormones, pesticide and chemicals), exercising and caring for the earth. Our meals are designed and served with the children’s nutritional needs in mind at all times. We serve organic food with no refined sugar. Little Sprouts partners with our local health food grocery stores in purchasing the food for our school. This is all done in the best interest of your child.
We challenge their minds with hand’s on, real and relevant experiences through project based curriculum. It’s the role of our teachers to uncover learning opportunities with the children while ensuring reaching developmental milestones and school readiness. The projects (or focus) of each room is determined through observations done by the teachers. Instead of a teacher-focused curriculum, this approach builds off of the children’s interest and desire to learn. Younger classrooms will observe current developmental milestones of students and build their focus from there, while our older preschool classrooms will use K>W>L charts to demonstrate full knowledge and understanding of the project.
Here are some of the guidelines and benefits you can expect from any of our centers:
- Smoking is not allowed on the premises at any time.
- We ensure that our cleaning company uses non-toxic cleaning products.
- We use cold water for drinking, cooking and making baby formula.
- We use non-toxic art supplies and supplement for natural or organic wherever possible.
- We use PVA-free and Phalate-free toys.
- We never heat children’s food in a microwave.
- We use BPA-free bottles and sippy cups.
- We do not use any mercury containing thermometers.
- We serve 100% organic meals and snacks.
- We wash all of our fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- We encourage open-ended learning through natural exploration with eco-friendly objects whenever possible.
- We encourage hands on relationships and learning experiences with our animals including chickens, rabbits, goats, pigs and chinchillas.
For more information on our policies, you can either click here to view our Parent Handbook online or visit any of our locations to speak with our Directors.